Friday, July 30, 2010

Nesting ...

Remember that pretty little nest pendant I posted about a few days ago? Well, I couldn't get the idea out of my head. A nest is such a pretty little thing, don't you think? All deconstructed and branchy and loaded with meaning. Think about it - it's sort of a perfect theme for just about everything that I love - babies & weddings! Love Birds, Love Nest, Momma's Nest, Nesting Instinct ... and it's natural, wild beauty lends itself so beautifully to a theme party -- which is where I step in! Hello Nest parties!!!!

In my search, I came across the most beautiful wedding, like, ever over at Style Me Pretty. All the amazing pics are too much to go through, you'll have to see the whole gallery to really appreciate it, so I'll just post a few of my favorite highlights:


I absolutely adore this sweet (tweet!) little cake topper. How stinkin' cute is this?!








What a charming idea for seating cards!!!!

I love how the birch candles and luminary compliment the birds nest in this stunning centerpiece idea.










Moving right along --- dishware anyone? Why does your nesting theme have to stop at the party? You can (ready for it?!) dress your nest with the nest theme too (oh god I'm hilarious). This absolutely beautiful faux bois dishware, available at Room Service at Home, would make any table drool-worthy. (Faux bois, for those who don't know, literally means false wood, and refers to an artistic technique designed to imitate wood)
And a close up:



I found these pretty little nests, which would be really cute with a little seating card nestled in them:


Invitations? OK! There are two that are totally to die for - only one is actually still available, so it should make your choice easier - these little beauties from an etsy seller who seems to have closed up shop (WHY!?!), which I found randomly on OnceWed:

I am such a sucker for letterpress. If I had been able to afford it, I absolutely would have chosen letterpress ANYTHING for my own wedding. Sadly, invites were where we chose to save some money - while I think this was a wise choice on our part, I still wish that I had been able to afford something a little ... prettier. Like these:

OK, and are you ready for this PLT (pretty little thing)? This bride chose to use it as a cake topper, but I think I would have put it on my tables. And my cake. Heck, I would have worn it on my head. Not only is it this beautiful little nest, but - ready - it weaves in one of my favorite elements: damask! Thank you, Glittered Nest, one of my new favoritist blogs!



Today, I will leave you with one of my favorite things - after all, that is the point of this blog, isn't it? What is one of my favorite things, you ask?

.... Well, chocolate of course. And in this case, a chocolate nest. YES PLEASE!!!!



Later, amigos!!! Happy nesting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment